As thousands of students graduate every year all over the world, it creates a greater pressure in the jobs market. The competition has become stronger than ever for students because they now not only have to fight through the haze of the fresh graduates who are also applying for the same positions, but they also have to fight the crowd of professionals who are already working but are planning to switch by applying on the same vacancies. Securing a dream job for a fresh graduate can be the toughest thing he has to face and without he has a more providing point than all the others who have also applied, his dream job would have taken over by some other candidate.
Since fresh graduates can not provide a previous job experience, they need something of equal importance to prove their worthiness among the experienced people and this is done by providing professional training and exam certificates. These certificates are provided by third party institutions which are not only reliable, but they are the giant corporations with more worth than the company you are applying into (if you are not applying in the same institution). Let's discuss the IT industry certificates here which are offered by the giant corporations such as Cisco, Apple, CompTia, HP, Microsoft and many more. Now do you think a local employer can claim to be greater than these giants and would he be willing to reject the importance of their certificates? Obviously not, and this is the edge for a fresh graduate to have his resume elevated and be of equal or more weight among the top contenders for the job.
Considerations for choosing your certification exam
Your certificate can play a great or no role at all when you apply for jobs. In case you are applying for a software engineer but have a certificate of a hardware technician, it would be of no value and your resume will be treated as a normal one and the certificate as simply an additive. Here here are some points to consider when you choose about the exam which certificate would be fruitful in your hunt for the dream job.
• How reputable and relevant is the institution you are getting your certificate from?
• Is the exam course up to date? Does it contain the courses relevant to modern technology and the one which will be coming in near future?
• Are the benefits of the certification better than what it will cost you?
• Does the certification exam require a specific educational background? Do you have that educational background?
• Does the certificate has international value or would it be valid just for a specific region?
• What is cost of the first attempt and also the second if in case you need to retake it?
• Does it require to be renewed every year?
These are some of the main points that you need to consider before taking an exam for certification because in case you take the exam which does not suit your mood and interest, you might end up in a job which is against your nature and you'll always regret it.