The CompTIA Security + examination is known globally as an assessment on foundation-level safety ability and know-how. This certification will guarantee that the passer is knowledgeable in the identification and participation of risks lessening activities, supply communication and information on security system, function under the policies and regulations, and other related security applications.
The coverage of the examination are the following topics;
• Twenty-one percent of the exam will deal on the securities of the network. Included in this main topic are the explanation on the utility and usage of devices and equipments of the network, application and implementation of the principles of network administration, and differentiating the different elements of design. Also, the implementation of protocols and wireless network is assessed.
• Another part of the examination is security compliance and operation. Under this main topic is the explanation of concepts related to risks, responses to certain accidents, security, and the environmental controls. Other subtopics include strategies to less risk, comparison of business continuity, and troubleshooting.
• Another 21% of the exam is focused on the weaknesses and risks of the system. This area includes the analysis and refining the types of malware, attacks, social manufacturing attacks, wireless injuries, application attacks, and the implementation of threats with the security.
• The security on host, data, and application compresses sixteen percent of the examination. Part of this area is the explanation on the important application of security and the significance of security for data. Likewise, the carrying out of proper methods in establishing host security is also tested.
• The management of control in accessibility and identity covers 13% of the examination. The candidates' knowledge on the function and use of authentic services, access control and the implementation of proper security options with the management of accounts.
• Cryptography covers 11% of the examination. Under this major topic are the summary of over-all concepts of cryptography and the usage and application of correct tools and options of cryptography. The candidate will also be asked to explain the fundamental concepts of the infrastructure of the public key and the implementation of PKI, organizing certificates and associating the components.
• The examination is preferably for an IT professional who has an average experience of 2 years in security of IT administration and has daily technical experiences. Also, it is for those who are knowledgeable on implementing security related issues.
The examinee that will pass the exam will be awarded with CompTIA Security + Certification. With the listed coverage and outline other examples, tasks, and objectives will be included without further notice.